Saturday, December 28, 2019

Saturday Boredom

Hi, y'all.

I'm a little bit bored this evening. Early evening.

This morning I bit the bullet and downloaded Windows 10. It took awhile, but the process was seamless and easy even for a non-techie like me. Microsoft did a good job with this, from my point of view.

So now I'm facing something I've often wanted to face but didn't quite have the guts: Windows 10 does not have the simple solitaire and mahjong games that I've used to mindlessly while away time. Alas. The iPad doesn't have any, either. Yes, I could download some, but every time I try that I'm disappointed with what I got.

It's just as well, really. I need/want to not be so devoted to them anyway.  I still have the New York Times crossword puzzle, as well as their new spelling game (which I love!) and a few others I haven't tried. I'll just need to read, or something worthwhile, instead of mindless play.

Mostly, after the go-round with Microsoft this morning and a few errands about town afterwards, I've spent the day with The Queen. Signed up for my annual 30-day free trial of Netflix a couple of days ago, opted to watch most of season 2 to jog my memory, and am now into season 3, which I haven't seen yet.



One of my new neighbors is a wonderful artist (as in, a pro who actually sells her work) and she gave me a print for my birthday. Today I found the perfect frame for it, but the foam backing is too thick for the frame so she's going to switch it to a thinner backing tomorrow for me. It looks absolutely smashing, I must admit. The photo does not do it full justice, as I couldn't get the colors exactly right, but it's pretty close. Then there's the glare on the frame, and the fact that it's crooked. But -- you get the idea. The colors are vibrant and strong and well balanced and the brass frame was perfect for it -- as soon as I put the print into the frame at the store, it sang to me.

What will Sunday bring? Laundry, for one. Rain. A couple of good books to read, and some exercise machines in the next room waiting to be used.

No comments:

Post a Comment