Thursday, August 9, 2018

YUM, to the nth degree

My morning (and a good bit of yesterday) was devoted to this. Fresh blackberry cake with cream cheese frosting. TO DIE FOR!!

Fresh, local organic berries from the farmer's market. Local cultured cream cheese from Nancy's (of yogurt fame), which is located here in Eugene. I could have eaten the entire container of that cream cheese, it was so good. I didn't even know they made cream cheese, but now that I do, I expect to find uses for it.




Cake was a little dense, but more likely operator-trouble than recipe trouble. This recipe was from Stella Parks, aka BraveTart, who I follow slavishly on Twitter.

The messy top cannot be blamed on her. I had leftover blackberry puree and wanted to drizzle it nicely over the top. Turned out to be splotchy, not nice, so I swirled it to try and cover up some of the mess.

I made this with the thought of taking it to a resident's meeting this afternoon, but it was so small I opted to just share it with a couple of friends who would appreciate it, and the people in the office, who are always appreciative. Mostly, I just wanted to make it and taste it. Well worth the effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment