Friday, June 23, 2017

I got plenty of nuttin'

Happy summer everyone. It's hitting full speed in Eugene this weekend, hovering near or over 100F. My apartment started the morning cool, thanks to a big fan pulling in 51F night air inside, but as soon as the sun started to touch the windows they were closed, blinds down, AC on. I don't like AC, and generally keep the place cool enough without it, but with 3 days, I didn't want to take the chance. Hard to sleep when it's hot.

I know you've all been waiting to hear this, but my cat finally has a name. It's one I considered and then discarded when I first got her, but a few days ago it just popped into my mind when I wasn't even thinking about naming the cat, so I guess it was meant to be. She earned it. The name is Madu, which means honey in Pali, and she's certainly sweet as honey. There's a cat at the Bhavana Society with that name, which is how I know the word.

Other than that -- and the garden growing and doing well -- I got nuttin', people.

No comments:

Post a Comment