Saturday, October 19, 2013

A whole new attitude

Remember that old saying, there's no place like home? I woke up this morning with a whole new attitude -- one of confidence, certainty that right now, I do not want to move. With all it's problems and foibles, noisy neighbors and all, this place is home and right now, I'm just not ready to leave it.

I suspect that's because I have no idea where else I really want to go, and at my age, it's not a decision I want to just jump into under the pressure of feeling that it's something I have to do.

I feel like a big weight has been lifted -- and in a way, it has, because this has been hanging over me for a month now, since I returned from California. It's pushed me into doldrums and inertia and a not-like-me state of just wanting to read and watch TV or play computer games that stress my eyes something fierce. Fortunately, it's also pushed me into spending a lot of time on the stationary bike just to burn off some of the inevitable nervous energy that was caused by the whole thing.

This means I have to do a few things -- like break down and get a HW heater installed. I figure I can sell the thing in 6 months and get much of that money back, although not the installation cost, of course. Still, I think 6 more months of being without one might get a bit old.

It also means planting some greens in the garden! I'm not going to spend a winter here without that, so I need to get on it. Today, if the weather permits, or tomorrow. Wouldn't hurt to go spread some supplements on it today, let it sink in if it rains. Maybe pull out the few old plants that are left.

I feel alive again -- at least more so. I'm going to go ahead and fill out applications for potential places to live, in Atlanta and Eugene (!), since they have waiting lists anyway. Hopefully, by spring, I'll have a better idea what I want to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment