Monday, April 2, 2012

Photos

OK folks, here are the photos as promised. I know you've all been waiting with bated breath!

Appalachian Trail thru-hikers crossing the bridge at the Nantahala Outdoor Center to continue their journey north.

Nantahala Falls - from a much better perspective than last time. It still doesn't look all that bad, but it remains the only rapid I ever swam, so there's more going on there than there would appear The people were stringing wires across the river, presumably in preparation for the big races that were to happen a couple of days later.
A foggy, but still beautiful, scene from the Blue Ridge Parkway.

See what I mean about steps? Try going up these about 10 times per day, not counting the times it's necessary to do the same with the interior stairs in the main building. Still, it's beautiful!
I absolutely love this laughing Buddha!
The meadow, showing a few small kuti huts and outdoor bath facilities.
I took a lot more photos, of course, but these will give you the idea. As you may know, I tend to get carried away with flowers and such, things that don't interest others all that much.

No comments:

Post a Comment