Sunday, July 31, 2011

Body Oddities

Why is it, do you think, that I can go out on my bike this morning for a good, steady 35 minute ride around town and come back feeling great, but 10 minutes of trying to cut the grass yesterday left me overheated and pouring sweat? I'm sweaty today, but it's not the same.

Time of day was the same, weather conditions (temp/humidity) were about the same. I got less sleep last night than the night before. Could it be that the cycling is a positive, uplifting experience, and the lawnmower was a negative, deflating experience? Don't think that would explain the excess heat and sweat, but it could certainly impact my state of mind. I think it's just as likely that pushing that damned mower made the difference, because that was much harder than a good fast ride on the bike.

Today is shaping up to be another hot and muggy one. We finally got some rain late in the afternoon yesterday, which was great. Cooled things off, but didn't do much for the humidity level. When I went to bed my sheets felt downright soggy, and it didn't improve overnight. According to local weather sites, the humidity has been 100% since I first checked early this morning. I'm trying something new with the windows today -- leaving them open for awhile to see if the humidity inside will decrease as the sun comes over the trees. Ceiling and floor fans  are all going, to try and evaporate some of it. 

I need to walk up to the nearby grocery store before it gets too hot, and then it's going to be an exciting day of laundry and housecleaning.  Whoopee!!

No comments:

Post a Comment