Saturday, September 3, 2016

Life is good

All is well in my land now. My lovely new desk fits nicely into its space, and better yet, just moving the computer one wall closer to the computer room enables me to pick up the wireless there, most of the time. Doesn't seen terribly consistent, and for some odd reason really doesn't seem to work well when using the big screen. Not sure how that would affect wireless reception, but.... it seems to. At any rate, happy to use small screen until my wireless gets going.

Went back to my favorite thrift shop warehouse  yesterday in search of two specific things, and scored on both of them for under $30.

I needed a tall bedside table since today's new mattresses are so danged high I almost need a ladder to get into them. Wanted something small and funky, and this little woven bamboo table fits the bill all around. I'm determined to put color into this house when I can, in small or large ways.




Sorry for the lousy photo, but the camera has trouble dealing with big differences in light in one photo. 'New' sofa -- which I still like, though it seems awfully big in the room. And, between the sofa and my chair is a rolling file cart that I got yesterday to use with the desk, for extra drawer space. As big as this desk is, it really doesn't have very much drawer space. So this will fill the gap. In the meantime, I kinda like it where it is. My brain isn't up to organizing drawers and files anyway.

And this afternoon, the first Oregon football game of the year. The sun is shining, the air is warm, all is well in my little world.

No comments:

Post a Comment