Friday, August 15, 2014

Life is good

The more I settle into life here, the better I like it. My little kuti is slowly but surely becoming 'home' as I manage to clear things out, add needed things, get a little more organized, and such. I'm still not sleeping particularly well -- something to do with the bed, I think, but I'm not sure. More likely, just the fluctuating rhythm of my old friend insomnia.

I need to get out and get some exercise, since I've just had lunch. Might as well wear off a few of those calories, and jump-start digestion, anyway. Plus it's a nice, cloudy, cool day that's really perfect for cycling. Oddly enough, what holds me back is that there are two street-crossings on the bike path before it becomes unencumbered, and those make me nervous. Always have. Still do. I never trust that cars will automatically stop for me, so I have to stop and right now I'm still a little unsteady in the standing still mode -- particularly stopping and starting up again. That'll change, with time and confidence.

Still -- I have no complaints. Good books to read, friends to talk to, good food to grow (sprouts, yogurt), and 'stuff like that there'.

No comments:

Post a Comment